Friday, July 6, 2012

And the heat continues.  On Fridays my ride to work is off so I have to find my own way there.  I choose to bicycle since 95% of the way there is on the bike/walking path along the river and its enjoyable.  Makes me feel good.  Takes me about 25 minutes so a decent workout.

BUT not so much when it is 37C, feeling like maybe 43C.  That was the temp when I headed home after work.  My thermos was full of cold water and I just took my time.  I stopped half way in a nice clearing with a few benches.  I grabbed my IPod to listen to a song before I got back on my bike; heard a noise, turned around and there was a deer.  So close.  We starred at each other.  I oh so gently moved my hand to touch the camera icon on my IPod so I could get a picture but the deer started running before I could get one taken.  So I clicked away anyway following along.  This was the highlight of my day and put a big smile on my face.  Doesn't get better than nature, even on such a hot day LOL.


No playing with my cards today.  Too hot.  Going to get comfy on the couch and watch a movie (and probably fall asleep).  Tomorrow is another day.

to be continued ...

1 comment: