Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Unexpected

On Friday I had the weekend all planned out.  Here is it Sunday evening and my plan was not accomplished.  But there is always next weekend.

I woke up this morning with an engaged son.  She said yes.  Not totally a surprise to me since we have discussed this possibility many times.  I was just not expecting it to happen last night.  Maybe New Year's Eve or later.  Then he tells me the wedding is to be in May.  A small wedding.  But May.  That is so soon.   

I am over the moon excited and happy for them.  For some reason, it has stirred up some emotions in me.  Mixed emotions.  Been dealing with them throughout the day.

A few minutes ago got out The Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck by John Holland ... I looked up, saw it, opened the box and began shuffling.  This is the card I picked:


He reminds me of the Hierophant.  5 is my number.  But this is 18 Shadow and quite obvious to me is my mixed emotions today.  Being so happy, yet an underlying anxiety. Mom worries maybe.  Or maybe this is just about me and coming to terms with what is being stirred within me and why.  (have a pretty good idea)

as Bob Dylan said ... the times they are a changin'


1 comment:

  1. Change is never easy, even when it's expected, even if it's desired. Weird creatures, us humans. Hope you work through all that emotion. Hugs, Chloë

    ReplyDelete