Sunday, December 16, 2012

Productive

I am smiling because I had a very productive weekend.  Finally the handmade gift for my daughter is completed.  It took me all afternoon yesterday and in the end it isn't perfect but maybe that is what will be special about it.  It got my creative juices flowing and the urge to make something else is strong.  Just have to decide what.  Fabricland is calling me to rummage through the remnants bin.  Maybe some tarot bags to be made.  Or a tablecloth for my son.  The possibilities are endless.

It wasn't until about an hour ago I had the chance to sit down and play with my cards.  I did a Wheel of Fortune spread from Barbara Moore's Tarot Spreads book with something specific in mind and was pleased with the outcome.  The cards never cease to amaze me.

Recently I bought the Sun and Moon Tarot by Vanessa Decort.  My original thoughts on it may be changing.  Not quite sure yet.  Will use it for the coming week and see what happens.

Today's draw:

The detail is rather small and not so easy for me to see.  I had to get out my magnifying glass to have a better look.  My birth number is 5, I am a Taurus Sun.  This is my card.  Haven't seen a Hierophant quite like this one.  At first look he/she is definitely rooted.  The leaves (the LWB says they are lotus flowers with five leaves) look like butterflies dancing around to me.  Freedom.  So a balance between being rooted and being free.  I like that.  No eyes, no nose, no mouth ... a reminder we are all one.

off to end my weekend with a delicious meal ....


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting the nail varnish rack done, and glad it got your creativity flowing! I'm looking forward to Christmas, as one of the gifts I asked for is some special pens/brushes and books on how to use them ;)

    I really like that Hierophant, feels like he would share knowledge, rather than "tell" you what you should think or believe :)

    ReplyDelete